Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Carol's Discussion Topic!

I couldn't add a thread to the Discussion Board, for some reason there was no message panel for me to write in. I tried writing it on a WD and added as an attachment, but when I hit submit, it asked me to write a message, BUT I had no message panel to write on. I know the message is under the writing tools, but there was nothing for me there! So here it is!



Discussion on Test Methodology
Throughout the semester as in previous semesters, we have discussed triangulation, multiple modes or multimodal, and this fall the theory of multiplism. So what teachers and Language testers need to keep in mind is if you teach in multiple modes, you should test in each of the modes or a majority of the modes. A discrepancy arises when you teach in multiple modes and assess in only one, which is usually paper and pencil

1 comment:

languagemcr said...

Thanks for noting the importance of variety! We (meaning most educators :-)) seem to do that pretty well in instruction but in assessment we fall back on the standards.
Marilee